A trained professional will spray the special tanning formula onto your body. The amino acids on your skins surface will respond naturally to the DHA and other complementing ingredients in the tanning formula to produce the most beautiful sunless tan you’ve ever seen.
Su-do tan eliminates all the mess and problems associated with tanning creams and spray tanning booths. There is no streaky mess, orange palms, or dirty looking knees and elbows. This is a personal treatment tailored to your individual needs. No two people are alike.
The average result is 7 to 10 days of colour. Factors such as skin type, activities and maintenance can cause your results to vary. A full body session can take 10 to 20 minutes depending on the equipment being used. Your tan will start to fade as your skin normally exfoliates. Once your tan has completely faded, it is OK to start the preparation and treatment all over again.
Exfoliate your skin the night before. This promotes an even coverage and lengthens the duration of your tan by removing dead skin that would otherwise flake off.
Shave/wax at least 8 hours before your tanning appointment.
Avoid wearing make-up and moisturiser as this acts as a barrier to the spray and stops the process from working properly.
Wear dark loose fitting clothing and undergarments to your tanning appointment. The cosmetic bronzer may rub off on clothing, however it will wash out of most fabrics except for nylons and silks.
Maintaining your Su-do Tan
- Wait at least 8-12 hours before washing the tanning formula off.
- Apply moisturiser morning and evening after your post-tan shower. Avoid moisturisers with AHA because they promote exfoliation.
- Avoid long hot showers and baths, and scrubbing the skin excessively. Pat your skin dry after bathing and showering.
- Chlorine in swimming pools and hot tubs can remove or shorten the longevity of your tan.
- Take care when exercising as friction and excess sweat may cause your tan to fade prematurely or unevenly.